Monday, January 15, 2007

Refreshing break



A little break can do wonders for your perspective. We all hopped in the car and headed up north where there's tons of snow and even beautiful icicles. We visited the boy's great grandparents and he enchanted everyone with his busy, busy ways. T pulled us in a sled up at the farm and the boy was a little concerned about what his crazy parents were up to! We had lots of time to visit and had some good food too. I had lots of quiet time in the car while T drove and the boy slept; I looked out the window at the snow-covered fields and barns, with the mountains off in the distance. I thought about people we were missing. The little petty things that seem to be filling too much of my days lately just melted away and I spent time enjoying the moments, as they happened. T pulling me and the boy in the sled through the fields in the only place that's always been the "same" from the time I have memories... It was wonderful and joyous and sad too.

The light is beautiful this morning, and misty ice covered all of the trees in the night. As it melts off from the sun it looks like delicate snow falling once again. I'm going to try to take more pictures sans flash, as I've read I should, but it'll take some time to get better at it. I never, ever took photos before the boy, and since I don't want those sixteen hundred photos plus up on this site I have to take some non-boy photos. What a challenge for the new year!!

Something sold on Etsy. Woo hoo... Time to create. Instead of worry I'm trying to fill pockets of my thoughts with ideas for little quilts, more aprons, etc. It's good for me!

No comments: